Featured post

Yesterdays news is still today's truth!

They only tell us what they want us to know.....An Anti Austerity Demo gathered outside the BBC headquarters in London the other weekend, ...


.

.

.

.
MAKE SENSE OF THE SENSELESS ! / QUESTION THE QUESTIONABLE ! / SHOUT ABOVE THE NOISE !

Thursday 10 April 2008

WHAT A NICE WAY TO TURN SEVENTEEN #1


Here’s a little gem of an oddity/obscurity. A 4 Track 7” compilation EP that came with issue # 2 of What A Nice Way To Turn 17 a fanzine from 1984. THE RAG DOLLS kick off the proceedings with Sparrows, a beautiful little number written by Dave Kusworth , he was in Rag Dolls before he teamed up with Nikki Sudden as The Jacobites., talking of which NIKKI SUDDEN’s next up with the rockin’ Missionary Boy. Next you’ve got THE JAZZ BUTCHER with a haunting version of John Cale’s Chinese Envoy before the THE SAD-GO-ROUND wrap things up with a bit of Swell Maps style weirdness with a track called Elephant Flowers. If I remember rightly and rather vaguely I think Sad Go Round could be various Swell Maps in disguise. There you have it! Well not exactly…here’s where you can have it….Where?….There?.…No!….Here!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Nuzz, thanks for this one.
There is a lesson here. And that lesson is……….NEVER throw ANYTHING away. EVER.

Pipeline

Nuzz Prowlin' Wolf said...

What ya saying pipeline, don't tell me you had a copy of this and you threw it away, or are you a mindreader that knows I no longer have the fanzine that went with this. Another lesson is not to swap, sell or forget who you lent things to, I've learnt that since I started doing this 'ere blog

Anonymous said...

Sold during hard times I'm afraid.

Anonymous said...

Erm……Anyone else having problems downloading this one?
Maybe I’m predestined never to hear it again. :-(

Pipeline

Anonymous said...

Pipeline

Drop me an e-mail and I'm sure I can rustle up a copy for you.

Chris 17

stnicks@hotmail.co.uk