Featured post

Yesterdays news is still today's truth!

They only tell us what they want us to know.....An Anti Austerity Demo gathered outside the BBC headquarters in London the other weekend, ...


.

.

.

.
MAKE SENSE OF THE SENSELESS ! / QUESTION THE QUESTIONABLE ! / SHOUT ABOVE THE NOISE !

Saturday 24 July 2010

THE VIBRATORS - Live @ 100 Club 1977




Live recordings of The Vibrators, other then officially released ones seem rather hard to find, so imagine my delight when I came across this little beauty on eBay, and including postage it was cheaper than a packet of ten cheapo fags! The quality is well reasonable, a short set that clocks in at half an hour, but includes all the classics, but omits a few. I’ve not come across the picture, with Knox in a rather fetching but some might say unfashionable jumper before, (It comes from a two page spread on Punk Bands in a Fab 208 annual from 1979 that I got from a boot sale for 20p) but hey The Vibrators were never a fashionable band, and have flown in the face of fashion for the last 30+ years, jumpers off to ’em, and that’s why I love ‘em, plus Knox writes a great song. Check out some Pure Mania here! Well it was gonna be there, until….
While writing this post and uploading the music to media fire I was listening to it again and suddenly thought, hang on I’ve heard this before, but with far better sound quality. I riffled through my ’brators CD’s and found it, a copy of The Boys / The Vibrators BBC In concert disc, and sure enough my eBay bargain turns out to be not a copy unless it’s a 50th generation one, of the very same Vibrators show, it’s also missing a few numbers, but ….doesn’t cut the Whips and Furs/I Need A Slave and Feel Alright/Into The Future into separate tracks, so I dunno if it’s from a tape someone made of the original Radio broadcast or what, but here it is anyway! I might get in touch with the seller to find out the source, but I dunno if I can be arsed.

1 comment:

Longy said...

There can never be enough Vibrators stuff on the internet so you won't see me complaining. Top work Nuzz as ever.