Featured post

Yesterdays news is still today's truth!

They only tell us what they want us to know.....An Anti Austerity Demo gathered outside the BBC headquarters in London the other weekend, ...


.

.

.

.
MAKE SENSE OF THE SENSELESS ! / QUESTION THE QUESTIONABLE ! / SHOUT ABOVE THE NOISE !

Monday 30 March 2009

MERCENARY SKANK - The Amazon Studio Recordings



Right then, lets get rock’n’rolling. You’ve got a bit of an exclusive here; these two tracks aren’t even up on The Skanks mighty pink myspace page, but there’s a bunch of other stuff available there, some of which I’ve posted here, some I haven’t. I highly recommend you check them out if you’re into stuff like The Clash, Johnny Thunders etc, they’re all there, but Mercenary Skank were more than the sum of some of their influences. They had a no nonsense, no compromise approach to the music biz, that’s reflected in these two tracks (Tell Me Why/12 Midnight) and the vital rough’n’raw feel to them. They were recorded sometime in 19.. But time and dates are irrelevant when something is still relevant and these uncovered and rediscovered gems are. I’d like to think that just as in the 80’s when times were tough, the 00’s will produce some music with as much passion and emotion as Mercenary Skank. The cynic in me isn’t holding his breath, cos I aint gonna turn blue on account of a generation that have had everything yet got nothing , the optimist in me hopes I’m wrong.

No comments: