Featured post

Yesterdays news is still today's truth!

They only tell us what they want us to know.....An Anti Austerity Demo gathered outside the BBC headquarters in London the other weekend, ...


.

.

.

.
MAKE SENSE OF THE SENSELESS ! / QUESTION THE QUESTIONABLE ! / SHOUT ABOVE THE NOISE !

Sunday 10 January 2010

THEE HYPNOTICS - Come Down Heavy.


Here’s a blast of some Garage/Psychedelic/Rawk for ya, circa 1990 courtesy of sonic insurrectionists Thee Hypnotics; London's answer to The Stooges and MC5. Come Down Heavy was their first proper full length studio album, and heavy it certainly is, but not in a Metal way, this is pronto stoner rock before it existed as a label in a music journo’s mind. Tunes that suck you in. I saw ‘em live a couple of times, sleazy and sexy as hell, a total frenzy of energy. Their singer Jim allegedly turned down replacing Stiv Bators as singer in The Lords of The New Church. Good move if you ask me; Stiv was irreplaceable and Thee Hypnotics were a great band. Anyway here you are if you fancy a blast of some Revolution Stone.

6 comments:

Highlander said...

Nuzz - how are you ripping tapes? I've got a few to do and I'm struggling. I've got a lead to connect my USB turntable to a tape deck but no fucking tape deck with output jacks. Typical.

nekrodad said...

wow nuzz, hey do you have the 1st l.p. these guys put it? i beleive it was on sub pop, i used to have it years ago.

planckzoo said...

I really like the Hypnotics, this is a good album. Jim Jones,who was in the Hypnotics now leads the Jim Jones revue, another great band.And he used to be in Black Moses, who were great as well.

Highlander said...

Cheers for coming back to me Nuzz. I have a portable tape player - a Sony ffs - with, like I said, no effing output jacks. Quality. I'll need to pick up a cheap one somewhere.

adam said...

remeber seeing them in a pub in Birmingham, and it was the LOUDEST thing i think ive ever heard..
the reverb is in my head like 18 years later.....

Anonymous said...

May the 15 undiscovered moons of venus shower your music collection with noggins of much grooviness...

As thou hath done upon me.

aaaaaarrrrrhhhhhhhhh-------ssssssoouuulllllsssss