Featured post

Yesterdays news is still today's truth!

They only tell us what they want us to know.....An Anti Austerity Demo gathered outside the BBC headquarters in London the other weekend, ...


.

.

.

.
MAKE SENSE OF THE SENSELESS ! / QUESTION THE QUESTIONABLE ! / SHOUT ABOVE THE NOISE !

Sunday 16 September 2007

THEATRE OF HATE - Live @ Bowes Lyon House, Stevenage 9/11/1980


Right then folks. First off this post hasn't gone entirely to plan. Due to a technical difficulty I've had to do this as one whole MP3, (not individual tracks) Was gonna pull the post until I'd sorted the problem. Worked fine last time I used software, just not today. But after listening to it I thought, nah you guys need to hear this, however, whatever not when ever. It's an audience recording be warned, but it's a document of an early Theatre Of Hate gig, and worth a listen. As for the gig, well... I shall hand you over to a 16 year old me writing a review for the fanzine; Verbal Abuse that me and my mate, Del produced...."When Theatre Of Hate came on, they got a mixed reaction from the crowd the rockabilly's certainly enjoyed them. I only remember a couple of their songs 'Legion' and 'Original Sin' (their new single) they use the saxophone well and have an original sound. Also there was no trouble which made the gig even more enjoyable."....Listening to the recording now it sounds wild, feral and animal. I've also got a recording of the second time they played in '81. I'll post that soon, when I've sorted out the issues. Any way enough waffle here's Theatre Of Hate live in 1980.

6 comments:

Pogel said...

Nuzz, I'm going to check this out and maybe post their live 12" over on my site.

Nuzz Prowlin' Wolf said...

cheers pogel, are you talking about the who dares wins mini album?, cos thats well worth posting.

Anonymous said...

Cheers for the T.O.H Nuzz
I posted the two He Who dares Wins
Albums over at skafunkrastapunk a couple of weeks back, if you're
interested I could put the links here

Nuzz Prowlin' Wolf said...

cheers Pip that'd be great if you could post a link to hwdw here. I've got another TOH in Stevenage I'm gonna post some time soo.

Anonymous said...

Here you go

Theatre Of Hate

He Who Dares Wins - Live At The Warehouse Leeds (1981 Album)

He Who Dares Wins - Live In Berlin (1982 Album)
Berlin Tempodrome 12.9.81


Vinyl Rip
MP3 320

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=UBXWTRHM

I'll keep my eye out for the Stevenage post, Cheers!!!

Nuzz Prowlin' Wolf said...

cheers for that pip