Featured post

Yesterdays news is still today's truth!

They only tell us what they want us to know.....An Anti Austerity Demo gathered outside the BBC headquarters in London the other weekend, ...


.

.

.

.
MAKE SENSE OF THE SENSELESS ! / QUESTION THE QUESTIONABLE ! / SHOUT ABOVE THE NOISE !

Saturday 22 May 2010

HERE WE GO! HERE WE GO! HERE WE GO!


Here’s some Saturday ramblings for yer. For the past month I’ve been in constant pain and discomfort with a muscle problem in my arm and shoulder. Too much mass-debating, Ha! Ha! Ha! No, the Doctors don’t know what brought it on, but it should go away in about 8 weeks with the help of some anti-inflammatory. Half way there and I’ve had to get some prescription painkillers to ease the pain, which they’ve done, but they’re also leaving me feeling spaced out, lethargic and apathetic, which aint good when you’ve got things to do, it’s a right pain in the arse, but then there’s the pain in my arm! I’ve been given some exercises to do, but they hurts like fuck. No pain no gain I suppose, I’m having to type with one hand. Anyway where’s all this self pity going when there are people in worse suffering than me. I feel their pain, but do they feel mine?
On one of my recent Election posts some one left a comment asking me what my answer was, well that’s a question? Is it about answers or solutions? Here’s a couple of thoughts
Balancing the Individual with the Collective. Not so much the end of capitalism, more a reduction in it. Take stock! The shop is overstocked. We can’t go back, but instead of forwards how about going sideways. I don’t wanna piss on anyone’s parade, but it’s nearly
Patriotic flag waving, mass euphoria, time again….The world cup. The game starts here. New TV’s to watch the matches on. A need or a want? Or just an excuse!
The only game being played in June is the money game. From South Africa’s slums and corruption to global mass consumption, players ‘worth’ millions to the people cracking open another can of cheap supermarket lager and sticking another sausage on the barbeque in their patio decked garden as England miss another penalty
I should be positive about England’s chances, after all they’re gonna be wearing the same red colour strip as the team that won in 1966 did. If England do/did win it’ll be interesting to see how this sporting triumph and national euphoria will be co-opted and manipulated by the media and politicians for their own ends, especially as it’ll be right at the beginning of the ‘historic’ ConLibCo’s first term in government. Their first step to their Big Society; uniting the nation in triumph! “If the kids are united, they will never be divided” unless that unity is organic, there’s always gonna be someone in control of it all, ie the politicians and the media. If things don’t work out in South Africa there’s always the London Olympics in 2012, talking of which; Have you seen the two mascots? What a load of bollocks! I mean one even looks like a knob, with a couple of arms. I expect we’ll be seeing a lot of these fuckers over the next couple of years as they are used to engineer national pride and unity. Bring on the cheap booze and prescription pills to numb the pain of the people and keep 'em under control.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Couldn't give me the name of those pain killers Nuzz? I could use some spaced out lethargy myself ;)

You should ask your Doc to check out and see if its a "Frozen shoulder'. Stand facing a wall. Hold your arm out in front of you so your fingers touch the wall just above waist height, then walk your hand up the wall using your fingers. if you can't get your arm up to almost vertical then you should have it checked out by a Phisio.

Lee said...

Sympathy to you Nuzz, hoping for your sakes it's not the frozen shoulder and maybe just a muscle strain of some type?
I think you commented on my post when I did mine, and 3 years on it's still not right although I can now lift my arm without pain most of the time.

Footy - I'm sure the scum press will do their best to sabotage England right up to the end, but as I don't buy their drivel I shall be cheering them on in regardless and probably on my little 5" black and white TV that's done the job for the last 2 world cups (although a couple of the games are at weekends so I might see them in glorious 32" colour this time).

Anonymous said...

Get a book called Explain Pain by Lorimer Moseley from the library. It'll help with the pain management

MJG196 said...

Thanks for this. In honor of Steve New, maybe you should put up an entry dedicated to him?