Featured post

Yesterdays news is still today's truth!

They only tell us what they want us to know.....An Anti Austerity Demo gathered outside the BBC headquarters in London the other weekend, ...


.

.

.

.
MAKE SENSE OF THE SENSELESS ! / QUESTION THE QUESTIONABLE ! / SHOUT ABOVE THE NOISE !

Friday 14 March 2008

ZODIAC MINDWARP AND THE LOVE REACTION - Live In Stevenage



Right then folks. Time for some dirty low down greasy and scuzzy Rock’n’Roll. Scuffed leather, dirty denim and stubble was the order of Zodiac Mindwarp and The Love Reactions day, that and the sound of a late 60’s garage band who are about to blow a gasket. These guys were out for kicks and in for trouble, self styled ‘High Priests of Love’ led by Mark Manning aka Zodiac Mindwarp (sometime cartoonist, now author) whose tongue was either firmly in his cheek, or some place else when singing “Hey Fay Ray I’m gonna make your day/I’m King Kong with a hard on.” Described by the music press as “either a huge piss take, or bizarre ravings of a bunch of basket cases.” Once again I’ll let you decide, but what I will say is that they’re not to be taken too seriously, but seriously need to be taken. This recording is from when their ‘mutha ship’ landed in Stevenage in 1986. Grab yerself a slice of the spectacle here!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Think I must have seen more or less every show this band did in London during the eighties.
First saw them at the Bull and Gate supporting the Leather Nun in ‘85. The Boston Arms gig they did around ‘86 was a stormer.

Anyone remember the Batfish Boys? Another great band from that era.

Pipeline (Chatterbox)

Nuzz Prowlin' Wolf said...

Alright pipeline, saw em a few times myself, lost my Zodiac virginity at the Underground Club in Croydon, a great little venue from what I remember. The Leather Nun, upstairs at the Clarendon, don't get venues like that anymore. Batfish Boys, just for you pipeline I'll post a 7" I've got of theirs. Gaye Bikers On Acid? While I'm thinking about it pipeline, I'm sure you spilt your pint over me at some venue,somewhere in London sometime during the 80's. Take care, a pleasure as always.

Anonymous said...

A great post....thanks. The Batfish Boys formed from the ashes of the March Violets! One great song, Cooking With Gas. I remember the Bomb Party supporting the Leather Nun, another great overlooked scuzzy 80's band!
Idle Al

tocsin_bang said...

Just found this, thanks :-)

I was at this gig with a bunch of people from Bedford.....cool nostalgia trip!