Featured post

Yesterdays news is still today's truth!

They only tell us what they want us to know.....An Anti Austerity Demo gathered outside the BBC headquarters in London the other weekend, ...


.

.

.

.
MAKE SENSE OF THE SENSELESS ! / QUESTION THE QUESTIONABLE ! / SHOUT ABOVE THE NOISE !

Friday 13 July 2007

COMPULSION - Safety (EP)


While digging out the CD for the 60ft Dolls post I came across this little gem from the 90's (forgot I 'ad this, unlike their fantastic debut album Comforter, which sits comfortably next to Crass, Crisis, The Clash and Cock Sparrer in my collection.) Compulsion rawked in a grungy, punky and shouty sorta way. Great stuff, a reference point; The Pixies maybe? Saw 'em live once; Guitarist Garret Lee swinging from the scaffold beams of the venues ceiling, with his guitar swinging and screeching, in time to the pounding rythm. Garret has gone on to find more success than Compulsion did as uber producer JacknifeLee. Compulsion were one of the 90's most criminally ignored band. Shame on you! Grab the Safety EP there. Then take a trip to Born In The Basement where you can download a best of compilation of Compulsion. The revival starts here'n'there and everywhere.

9 comments:

John Liedown said...

I was gonna post this at some point Nuzz. Fuckin loved Compulsion. Great appearance on The Word if I remember. I feel a visit to you tube coming on.

Nuzz Prowlin' Wolf said...

Ooops sorry, yeah I vaguely remember a word apperance, partly named my daughter Ari after their track 'Ariaddne'and Ari up from the slits, "why couldn't you have given me a proper name dad?" aah kids. I wont post anymore of theirs, so go for it.

Babbler said...

He He Nuzz....I was also gonna post this at borninthebasement but you saved me the job....however I have plenty more Compulsion to come.

Nuzz Prowlin' Wolf said...

Nice wun, you started the ball rolling babbler, I wont be posting anymore Compulsion, unless it fills in some gaps.

John Liedown said...

Ok whos first to post "Comforter" on your marks.....
Nah, you do it babbler you get a zillion more hits than me & Wolfie combined. And for me it's like Slobadans rant the other day. It's all about getting it out there. And how it gets there i'm not bothered. The more people get to hear it the better.

Babbler said...

Hey Nuzz & John....Comforter is now up at the basement...I also got 'Basketcase EP','Mall Monarchy EP' and 'Plan Promo EP'to post in a week or so...can you guys fill in the gaps ? particularly the other EPs + the bonus disc from 'Comforter.

Nuzz Prowlin' Wolf said...

Cutting, John, but true who give a shit about the hits. blabber I have the comforter bonus disc,2nd album- The future is medium, Question time for the proles cd single, and a 5 track remix single of juvenile scene detective. Blimey sound like some sort of record collector. Will post these at various points between now and then.

Babbler said...

Great stuff nuzz....'I already put up 'The Future Is Medium ' at the basement but the others you mention I ain't got....oh yeah I also have 'Thee Amazing Colossal Men' album which was pre Compulsion.

DigMeOut said...

Listen to a podcast review of Comforter by Compulsion on Dig Me Out at digmeoutpodcast.com, a weekly podcast dedicated to revisiting lost and forgotten rock of the 90s.