Featured post

Yesterdays news is still today's truth!

They only tell us what they want us to know.....An Anti Austerity Demo gathered outside the BBC headquarters in London the other weekend, ...


.

.

.

.
MAKE SENSE OF THE SENSELESS ! / QUESTION THE QUESTIONABLE ! / SHOUT ABOVE THE NOISE !

Thursday 26 June 2008

An overdose of THE VAYNES....hit it!


It’s been a few days since I’ve posted any music, and it’s been a while since I’ve posted any of this bands stuff, so here ya go with some good old honest no frills, but lots of spills and thrills rawk’n’roll from The Vaynes, captured on three 12” singles; Baby Cruel, Rock’n’Roll Crime and Big Cities, all released between 1987 and 1988. If yer into Iggy Pop and Johnny Thunders and all that jazz, then you really should check these out. One track of interest is Fun Parade from the Big Cities 12”, which pointed to a whole new direction the band could have taken, if they hadn’t split up/disappeared without trace. It’s a shame The Stone Roses beat them to it, cos if they’d carried on in this vein (pun intended) The Vaynes would have been fore runners in the dance/rock sound, rather than a footnote in the annals of 80’s rock’n’roll history. I did wonder where they were now, so made some enquiries via Mick Webster, former Johnny Thunders tour manager and associate of The Vaynes and now Kaiser Chiefs manager. He informed me that Stevie(singer) had moved to America and Mick (guitarist) had gone into medicine!! dunno if this is a reference to drug abuse or a career as a doctor, Mick never elaborated, and I didn’t want to waste anymore of his time. So there you have it, well almost, just gotta post their second album Vayneglorious at some point and that’s pretty much it from The Vaynes. Gone but not forgotten.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think I had all of these at one stage. Absolutely loved
Rock N Roll Crime. Forgot what it was called until you reminded me on C/box, Nuzz. - Great song.

‘TAKE A WALK!!’.

pipeline

Anonymous said...

I was their manager for a while, great to see they are not forgotten! Will forward this link to them... Mandy

Anonymous said...

Classic! I still have all the 12"s, both albums and Stevie Vayne & The Slaves!

Saw them a few times 'round the country in their heyday, good rock'n'roll!

"This is the midnight gun and I'm packin silver bullets baby"...

They don't make em like they used to!

Kyle Hulme said...

Nice article. Stevie is my uncle and just thought I'd let you know he's living in Ibiza now, and is managing Pascha nightclubs, or something or other. I'm only 17, so I'm just new to this music, but it's great!

Black Lodge Relics said...

Any chance of getting The Vaynes reposted ? Would be appreciated.